Information about each award, including how to submit nominations, can be found by clicking below.
Recognitions for Society Members - Deadline: February 15President's Prize Andrew Thomson Prize in Applied Meteorology François J. Saucier Prize in Applied Oceanography Neil J. Campbell Award for Exceptional Volunteer Service
Open Prizes and Awards - Deadline: February 15Rube Hornstein Medal in Operational Meteorology J. P. Tully Medal in Oceanography Tertia M.C. Hughes Memorial Graduate Student Prizes Roger Daley Post-Doctoral Publication Award
Award recipientsClick here for list of award recipients announced in June 2016 at the Fredericton Congress Click here for list of award recipients announced in June 2015 at the Whistler Congress
Learn about the Society's scholarships .
Click here for information about the Society's free summer programs for K-12 teachers.
The President's Prize is awarded to a Society member (or members) for a recent paper or book of special merit in the fields of meteorology or oceanography .
History of the award
This award has been presented since 1967, the inaugural year of the Canadian Meteorological Society.
Award Nomination Instructions
Nominations are to be received no later than 15 February by the Awards Coordinator at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Society postal address to be considered by the selection Committee.
- Nomination letters should include the current title, full address and phone number of the nominee.
- An up-to-date CV and a summary of the candidate's work must be included.
- The nomination should be accompanied by (at least one and at most four) additional letters of support indicating the extent of influence of the candidate's work.
- Nominees in previous years who have not received awards may be re-nominated. All criteria provided above apply to re-nominations. The Committee has a policy of considering nominations (kept on file) submitted in the two preceding years. Nominators are encouraged to re-affirm and/or update these nominations.
- Electronic format (e.g., pdf) is preferred; however, hard-copy material will be accepted.
- Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged unless requested. Acknowledgement when requested will be by e-mail